To log in to the app, you must be 13 years of age, or older. Also, you must not log in if you are a competitor researching Rap Sheet or if you have been banned from this app.
You are responsible for your own account, and the actions that take place in connection with it. At any time, we reserve the right to close an account without having to specify the reason.
If you create an account on this app, it is with the understanding it is for personal use only. You may not impersonate someone else or pretend to be a celebrity. You must create your account by representing yourself solely.
Users must understand that the content they publish can be withdrawn at any time. Moreover, users are advised they must assume all risks associated with the content they decide to publish. You cannot publish content on this app that is sponsored or endorsed. Your content should be of quality, accuracy, and reliability, representing yourself and your morals.
If you do not abide by the latter, you may expose yourself to the liability of banning, or libel or slander suits; you will be reported to the appropriate authorities if your content contains threats, hate speech, pornography, or intentionally false, or misleading, or defamatory language, which violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
Regarding yourself and Rap Sheet, you own your content. We own Rap Sheet content, including but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, and compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of user content and other app content, computer codes, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the app excluding your content, user content and third party content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with Rap Sheet content and the app– which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of Rap Sheet content, in whole or in part, except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the app, as well as Rap Sheet content, are retained by us.
We make some of the app content available via simple syndication and atom feeds. You may access and use the feeds in order to display feed content on your personal computer, or app, provided that (i) your use of the feeds is for personal, non-commercial purposes only; (ii) your use or display of the feed content does not suggest that Rap Sheet promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, apps, products or services, including your app; (iii) you do not redistribute the feed content; and (iv) your use of the feeds does not overburden Rap Sheet ‘s systems. Rap Sheet reserves all rights regarding the feed content and may terminate the feeds at any time.
We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate user content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no stated reason, and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a comment if we believe it violates our Guidelines & Rules. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your content.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the app to:
- Violate our Guidelines & Rules, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Submit or transmit pornography; or violate any applicable law;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the app or app content (other than your content), except as expressly authorized by Rap Sheet ;
- Use any robot, spider, app search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the app or any app content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the app;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice, that appears on any portion of the app or on any materials printed or copied from the app;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the app for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the app;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Rap Sheet ‘s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the app;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the app, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the app through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the app or any app content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, “Viruses”);
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the app, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the app;
- Use the app to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the app or app content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the app, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of app content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the app.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days’ prior written notice to us, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you, at our sole discretion.
Copyright and Trademark Disputes
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties; (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the feedback; (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development; and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Rap Sheet and its users, any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
The materials on Rap Sheet’s app are provided “as is”. Rap Sheet makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Rap Sheet does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use, of the materials on its Internet app, or otherwise relating to such materials or on any apps linked to this app.
We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the app, and/or ban you altogether from the app for any, or no stated, reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, the app, your content, app content, or any other related information.
In no event shall Rap Sheet or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use, or inability to use, the materials on Rap Sheet ‘s Internet app, even if Rap Sheet or Rap Sheet ’s authorized representative, has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Rap Sheet’s app could include technical, typographical, orphotographic errors. Rap Sheet does not warrant that any of the materials on its app are accurate, complete, or current. Rap Sheet may make changes to the materials contained on its app at any time without notice. Rap Sheet does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Any claim relating to Rap Sheet ‘s app shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
We host only the reviews and ratings of users that log onto the app.For the purposes of this app, since this is an opinion-based app, we treat every review and rating as a ‘story’, for entertainment purposes only. No further significance is implied. This means that users will rate and review based on their own personal experience, and from their own perspective, and this may well be one-sided.
This app may contain explicit language posted by users, but this is not endorsed by us. The writing contained in this app is in no manner intended to depict or describe any individual, in a patently offensive way, as specifically defined as prohibited by the applicable state law. All information presented on this app is protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
We are not associated with any individual reviewed on this app; everything contained here is to be viewed as fiction and for your entertainment and amusement only.
By joining this app, you are agreeing that your local community permits you to view this app. You are knowingly, intelligently, and voluntarily consenting to viewand you are assumed to have instituted an effective method of monitoring the use of the Internet by persons under 13 years of age.
This app does not tolerate cyber-bullying, slander, or libel. All threatening comments are to be reported and if the user is identified, they will be barred. Any comment found to be, questionable can be disputed, with subsequent removal, and banning from the community.
- Users that log on to view, review, rate, up vote, or down vote are not exempt from being viewed, reviewed, rated, up voted, or down voted themselves. Once you log on, your profile is automatically created.
- Firsthand accounts only are allowed. If you have never met someone, then information about them is no better than a rumor, and you shouldn’t be added.
- Users can only review and rate someone once. You can edit that review, or change attributes, any time.
- Users can dispute a review or ask for its removal if it does not fully reflect their personal experience.
- Fakes should be reported. To report a fake profile, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate.
- No slander or libel. Slander is making a false and damaging statement about someone. Everyone has their opinion, but if they are expressing something obviously not true, it will be reported and removed. Libel is a published false statement that is damaging to a person’s reputation. We retain the right to remove anything that is damaging to an individual’s reputation.
- References to children will be deleted, and the user posting them will be banned.
- Cyber-bullying is not tolerated. Rap Sheet App is not a place to belittle, harass, or threaten other people; it is a place to be objectively honest about the traits of your peers, friends, family, and acquaintances. Any instance of cyber-bullying should be reported, and if found culpable, the user will be banned.
- Threats are not allowed and are taken very seriously. Any instances of threats will be reported to the authorities in your area.
- No details of sexual experiences, pornographic recalls, or explicit visuals are allowed. Keep it clean. If found to be in violation of this rule, the user will be banned.
No name calling: hateful remarks, and racist or misogynist comments or shaming is prohibited. If that is the only way you can describe someone, please don’t log in to the app.